Thursday, May 19, 2011

Prescriptions, Prescriptions, WHAT? Another Prescription?

Ahhhh....the joys of BPD! This med, that med, no, this med...oh, yay, we finally found the right combination of meds...well, meds that work for your symptoms, because, in reality, there is NO medicine for BPD, just for the symptoms, but let's face it, the symptoms are a big trigger! Depression and anxiety, to name a couple! OMG! Here I am, 2 years after they have finally found the right combination that works, 2 years out of DBT, still going to therapy like a good girl ;) and all of a sudden, the anxiety gets worse, and I feel I just can't cope anymore. "Let's try to change things up a bit!" WONDERFUL! I know it's the right thing to do, because I know my body is used to the meds, but I am so scared of change, it is unbelievable. So, here I am, facing a new med change, weaning off my anxiety meds, when my anxiety is at it's fullest, and having to start a new one, which we don't know if it will work. And did I mention that going off meds NEVER goes well for me? Even my doctor commented how conservative the weaning process will be because my body reacts so poorly to going off meds! So, This is a big step for me. I just need to take a big breath and jump in and do it! Ready, set..........

No comments:

Post a Comment